Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Legacy Information

Dear All,

It has been months since I last published anything on this blog.

I guess it is something related to my legendary laziness and general apathy.

As on previous occasions, I have decided to inflict upon you a few more pieces of (as always untitled) poetry that I composed several months ago and that I have recovered today from the wreckage of an old hard drive.

And without further ado:

POEM1
And as the ocean ruptured through my lips,
her face was crushed by gold and grey
black butterflies broke free
like bats out of a cave, in silence
our arms tangled with ivy
thin cloth like blades shimmering in the summer light.
And as the beast unravels from your chest
please have some mercy on us
tear me to pieces.

POEM2
And as the fire spread like panic,
through grass and trees and the whole forest
you run across the empty rooms with your with your eyes closed
distorted images of agony and pain
sit in the mirror that you cannot see.
And as you tear your skin,
washing the blood off,
please be gentle it's our blood,
and it's so precious.

No comments: